Passenger Terms & Conditions of Service
Information about Cab Guru
Cab Guru is not a minicab or taxi company service Provider. The Cab Guru software acts as a channel through which customers and Providers can arrange bookings and payments for cab services. Cab Guru is not a licensed operator but will endeavour, without guarantee, to verify the legality of the Providers listed and offering booking and other related services on CabGuru.com and all other applications owned and operated by Cab Guru Ltd.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated in November 2015. Please check back regularly to see the current Terms and Conditions. Cab Guru Ltd may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any amendment will be effective immediately. Your continued use of this website after any amendment becomes effective constitutes an agreement by You to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, as so amended.
- “Account” means collectively the personal information, including user ID and password, payment information and credentials used by users to access protected content, paying service or any communication services provided within the software;
- “Additional Services” refer to any additional services that may be provided to You by the Provider and that had not been requested in the original booking;
- “Agreement” / “Terms and Conditions” refers to the Terms and Conditions set out below and signed, or agreed online, by the member;
- “ASAP” means As Soon As Possible;
- “Booking” refers to a confirmed request whereby the customer and the Provider have entered into a mutual agreement to receive and provide a cab service;
- “Customer” refers to any user who uses the software to request, amend, cancel, or realise any other operations related to the request of cab services that will be provided by Cab Guru Providers;
- “Member” refers to any person who has registered with Cab Guru to use the services provided by us and agreed to the Cab Guru Terms and Conditions;
- “Provider” / “Service Provider” refers to any minicab, private hire, taxi or any other suppliers who accepted to participate as a service Provider;
- “Registered User” refers to any user who has created an account with Cab Guru Ltd;
- “Request” refers to a demand initiated on the software by a customer for a booking service.
- “Requested pick up Time” refers to the time at which the customer requests the Provider to have a vehicle available at the pick up location;
- “Site” refers to the website that You are currently using (com) and any sub-domains of CabGuru.com
- “Software” refers to the site and any Cab Guru mobile applications, mobile sites, desktop applications or any other pieces of software provided by Cab Guru;
- “Cab Guru” refers to Cab Guru Ltd with registered number 09684679;
- “User” / “Users” refers to any third party that accesses the software and is not employed by Cab Guru and acting in the course of their employment;
- “We”, “Us”, “Our” and “Company” refers to Cab Guru Ltd;
- “You” or “Your” refers to the customer using the software provided by Cab Guru, except within the “For Providers” section where “You” or “Your” refers to the Provider using the software provided by Cab Guru.
Your use of Cab Guru
You can only use Cab Guru where You have registered to do so.
- That if You provide us with any information it shall be current, complete, accurate, true and correct.
- That You are at least 18 years old and possess the legal authority to enter into this agreement and to use our software in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of this agreement. If You are less than 18 years old You may only use this service in conjunction or with the previous explicit authorisation of Your parents/guardians.
- That You are financially responsible for all of Your use of our software as well as for the use of Your name and payment method (e.g., corporate credit card, personal credit card, or other approved method) to pay for services and products purchased using our software or site by members of Your household, including minors living with You, and if You have administrative roles with Your employer for which You create bookings for colleagues, such colleagues.
- That all information supplied by You or members of Your company, organisation or household in using our site or software is true and accurate, and to indemnify us for any breaches of the foregoing warranties.
- That Your use of Cab Guru grants You no rights in relation to our intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright, trade marks, logos, graphics, photographs, animations, videos and text or rights in and to Cab Guru software, applications and website) or the intellectual property of our retail or advertising partners, other than the non-transferable, personal right to use and receive the Cab Guru services in accordance with these terms;
- That You will not use Cab Guru: for any unlawful purpose; in any way that interrupts, damages, impairs or renders Cab Guru less efficient; to transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs; to access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate any security measures; to disseminate any content which is defamatory, obscene, or may have the effect of being harassing, threatening or abusive to an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability or otherwise; to advertise or promote third party or Your own products or services;
- To refrain from doing anything which we reasonably believe to be disreputable or capable of damaging our reputation;
- And acknowledge that we have limited control over the nature and content of information and chat transmitted or received by You or other users of Cab Guru. Although we reserve the right to do so, we do not monitor such content in the usual course of business and will not be liable for any such content. If You have a complaint about another user please contact us via the app or info@CabGuru.com
- To compensate and defend us fully against any claims or legal proceedings brought against us by any other person as a result of Your breach of these terms.
- Please note that we are not responsible for the behaviour, actions or inactions of drivers of cabs / taxis which You may use. Any contract for the provision of cab / taxi services are between You and the Provider and not Cab Guru and we simply provide a platform to introduce cab service Providers and passengers.
Booking of cab services
Placing a booking
To place a booking request You must be a registered user of the software. Once the booking request is submitted, one or more Providers will be notified and will be able to bid. We do not guarantee that a Provider will accept any booking requests. If a booking request is accepted by a Provider, You will receive a confirmation via e-mail, SMS or other notification systems at Your registered e-mail address or phone. The confirmation will contain the details of the Provider, including trading name and phone number.
Fares and Payment
The quoted price displayed before You submit the requests is always a maximum price that has been agreed with the Providers. You will never be charged more than this amount. Cab Guru provides the customer the possibility of paying for the booking by cash or by credit/debit card. The payment methods available are clearly displayed in the software before You submit the request. For cash bookings, the fare must be paid directly to the driver dispatched by the Provider.
You are obligated to complete the transaction with the Provider if You accept the Cab Guru terms, unless the transaction is prohibited by law or by this agreement. By accepting Cab Guru’s terms, You agree to be bound by the conditions of the fare included in the fare details so long as the trip details are not in violation of this agreement or unlawful.
It is Your responsibility to plan the journey correctly and leave sufficient time to reach the destination accordingly to Your needs of term of check-in for flights, catching a train or any other constraints You might have. If You have any doubts on the length of the journey, we advice You to contact the Provider and, if necessary, amend the journey details.
Booking Amendments and Cancellations
If You require amendments for a confirmed booking, please contact the Provider directly. Cancellations can be made either via our software or by calling the Provider directly. Cancellation charges will be applied as follows.
All journeys (excluding journeys for which the pick up is at an airport)
- If a booking is cancelled more than 20 minutes before the pick up, no cancellation charge will be made.
- If a booking is cancelled less than 20 minutes before the pick up and a vehicle has not been allocated yet, no cancellation charge will be made.
- In all other cases a cancellation charge of £3.99 will be made.
Journeys with pick up at an airport
- For ASAP bookings, a cancellation charge of £7.99 will be made.
- For advanced booked journeys, if the booking is cancelled less the 90 minutes before the required time of arrival a cancellation charge of £19.99 will be made.
- For advanced booked journeys, if the booking is not cancelled before the Requested pick up time a cancellation charge equivalent to the amount of the full fare will be made.
Payment of the Cancellation fee
If a booking is made using a credit or debit card, Cab Guru will charge the cancellation fee on Your credit or debit card. If a cash booking is cancelled, Cab Guru reserves the right to register the amount of the cancellation fee (if applicable) to Your Cab Guru balance or alternatively to request the payment of such fee via PayPal. Cab Guru also reserves the right to temporarily disable Your account so that no further bookings can be placed until the balance of Your account has been settled.
In the event of any situations arising that lead to a request for a customer refund, You should contact the relevant Provider and discuss Your complaint. If You consider that the resolution of Your complaint is not satisfactory after contacting the Provider, You can contact Cab Guru at support@CabGuru.com. Cab Guru will then liaise with the Provider to determine Your entitlement and update You by email and or phone.
The law does not require child restraints (baby seats, child seats, booster seats and booster cushions) to be provided in private hire vehicles. However upon request most Providers will be able to arrange the provision of child restraints. This might incur an additional charge, at the discretion of the Provider. If You need child restraints, it is of Your responsibility to verify with the Provider the availability and extra charges associated to this service. It is also of Your responsibility to account for the possibility that the Provider might be unable to satisfy Your request. You should therefore plan sufficiently in advance to avoid any cancellation fees.